4F27E Drum Transmission parts
Transmission general data
|Number of gears||Transmission Type||Drive||Torque (Nm)||ATF (full capacity) L||ATF (change) L||ATF type (recommended)|
|4||AT||FWD||200||8||3,5||DexronVI / Mercon LV|
What are you looking for?
Overhaul Kit | Friction Kit | Friction | Steel Plate | Steel Kit | Band | Solenoid Kit | Solenoid EPC | Solenoid TCC | Pump | Shaft | Drum | Valve body | Torque converter | Hub | Piston | Piston Kit | Planetary Gear | Filter | Gasket | Bushing | Seal | Bearing | Pressure Plate | Stator | Differential | Retainer | Inhibitor Switch | Instruction manual | TOOLS & ACCESORIES | Sensor
Technical issues and repair guidelines
- Clearance of the Reverse drum on the back cover stator.
Friction components of Overdrive and Reverse packages get burnt quite rapidly. Fast burning of these elements is related to design peculiarities of such type of gearboxes. Burning of these reliable friction elements occurs because the drum seating position on the rear cover support wears out and oil leaks out from teflon rings.
- Back cover of the FN4A-EL
Specialists assume that the back cover issue is related to the stator’s material in the FN4A-EL. It is softer than in Ford (4F27E), therefore gearboxes for Ford have no problems with the rear cover.
- Electrical elements in the 4F27E work properly for a long time.
The valve body is usually cleaned and rubber with gaskets get replaced with the help of the Overhaul Kit.
- The differential is one more problematic component of “old” units. Ford updated the differential several times for different cars and now differentials of the 4F27E vary in quantity of “teeth”.
- Rubber-covered pistons (Reverse, Forward, Low/Reverse) are the spare parts of second priority.
This gearbox is well-known among repair specialists, most parts for this gearbox are widely available. Proper exploitation and well-timed maintenance make this gearbox reliable and repairable.