4L65E Transmission parts
Transmission general data
|Number of gears||Transmission Type||Drive||Torque (Nm)||ATF (full capacity) L||ATF (change) L||ATF type (recommended)|
The automatic transmission 4L65E, upgraded version of 4L65, was released by 2001. Five-pinion planetaries, along with a strength-improved output shaft, were improved to endure the 450 N·m of torque of the 6.0 Vortec engine. More powerful modification 4L70E was released for gasoline engines V8 (6L). The 4L70E transmission has a speed lensor located in the pump as in 4L65E. Many spare parts in these transmissions are interchangeable.
- - The main problem lies in rapid wear of the torque converter friction lining
- - Contaminated lubricant puts out of order solenoids and clogs the valve body channels
- - Aggressive driving may lead to the brake band stretch when the mileage reaches 50 thousand kilometers
- - The clutch package 3-4 and its piston are considered to be a soft spot of the transmission
- - After 200 thousand kilometers, the separator plate of the valve body often gets damaged
- - The oil pump of rotary type is also not very reliable
What are you looking for?
Overhaul Kit | Friction Kit | Friction | Steel Plate | Steel Kit | Band | Solenoid Kit | Solenoid EPC | Solenoid TCC | Pump | Shaft | Drum | Valve body | Torque converter | Hub | Piston | Piston Kit | Planetary Gear | Filter | Gasket | Bushing | Seal | Bearing | Pressure Plate | Stator | Differential | Retainer | Inhibitor Switch | Instruction manual | TOOLS & ACCESORIES | Sensor
Which cars run with this gearbox? CLICK
|Cadillac||ESCALADE/ESV/EXT||99-06||4 SP R/4WD||V8 5.3L 5.7L 6.0L|
|Chevrolet/GM||CORVETTE||95-05||4 SP RWD||V8 5.7L 6.0L|
|Chevrolet/GM||H2/H2 SUT HUMMER||02-07||4 SP 4WD||V8 6.0L|
|Chevrolet/GM||SILVERADO/SIERRA 1500||98-13||4 SP R/4WD||V6 4.3L V8 4.8L 5.3L V8 6.0L|
|Chevrolet/GM||SSR||03-06||4 SP RWD||V8 5.3L 6.0L|
|Chevrolet/GM||YUKON /YUKON XL||00-11||4 SP R/4WD||V8 4.8L 5.3L 6.0L|
|Pontiac||GTO||04-06||4 SP RWD||V8 5.7L 6.0L|
To comment on a complete paragraph, you can hover over the text - then the dialogue icon with "+" sign will appear at the end of the line. Click the icon to leave your comment.
To comment on a part of the text, you can select a part of the text with your mouse - and then the comment options will appear (allowing you to also share a part of the text on social network pages)