724.2 Transmission parts
Transmission general data
|Number of gears||Transmission Type||Drive||ATF (full capacity) L||ATF type (recommended)|
In the fall of 2010, engineers of Mercedes-Benz presented an updated version of the automatic gearbox 7G-Tronic Plus. For the first time this gearbox was applied in the CL-class (216 series). According to representatives of the company, this gearbox became more comfortable, quick-operating and economical than its predecessor. The 724.2 gearbox is equipped with the torque converter of a new generation. This torque converter is more durable; it has reduced noise level and faster response time thanks to innovative technology. In addition, this gearbox is equipped with the “start-stop” system. The engine RPM gets reduced in the ECO mode that significantly contributes to fuel economy.
What are you looking for?
Overhaul Kit | Friction Kit | Friction | Steel Plate | Steel Kit | Band | Solenoid Kit | Solenoid EPC | Solenoid TCC | Pump | Shaft | Drum | Valve body | Torque converter | Hub | Piston | Piston Kit | Planetary Gear | Filter | Gasket | Bushing | Seal | Bearing | Pressure Plate | Stator | Differential | Retainer | Inhibitor Switch | Instruction manual | TOOLS & ACCESORIES | Sensor
Which cars run with this gearbox? CLICK
|Mercedes-Benz||C-CLASS||14-16||7 SP R/4WD||L4 2.0L 2.2L|
|Mercedes-Benz||C-CLASS COUPE||15-16||7 SP RWD||L4 2.0L 2.2L|
|Mercedes-Benz||E-CLASS||12-16||7 SP RWD||L4 2.2L V6 3.5L|
|Mercedes-Benz||GLC||15-16||7 SP 4WD||L4 2.0L 2.2L|
|Mercedes-Benz||ML-CLASS||15-16||7 SP 4WD||V6 3.0L|
|Mercedes-Benz||S-CLASS||09-16||7 SP RWD||L4 2.2L V6 3.0L 3.5L|
|Mercedes-Benz||S-CLASS COUPE||15-16||7 SP RWD||V6 3.0L|
|Mercedes-Benz||SPRINTER||13-16||7 SP RWD||L4 2.2L|
The 724.2 gearbox undergone systematic optimizations to reduce energy losses caused by traction. This and other measures made it possible achieve 7% fuel economy. In 2012 a new car Mercedes-Benz SL was equipped with the 7G-Tronic Plus. The roadster became the first car of Mercedes-Benz, which was equipped with a newly developed Direct Select paddle shifter on the centre console. This feature is used for more dynamic driving style. The latest changes in 7G-Tronic Plus were introduced in 2013. The updated version of this gearbox was used in E300 BlueTEC HYBRID, where the 20 kW e-motor was integrated in the case of the torque converter. In 2013 the 7G-Tronic was replaced by the 9G-Tronic automatic gearbox.
- 7-forward gears: increased difference between gear ratios of lowest and highest gears, while maintaining small intervals between gear ratios in other gears, increases driving comfort.
- Optimal engine RPM contributed to low fuel consumption and smooth gear shifting.
- Solid power reserve: fast accelerations became possible thanks to reverse gear shifting with omitting of several gears;
- New generation torque converter: reduced wear, lower noise level and better responsiveness thanks to innovative technology.
- Reduced fuel consumption: the function “Start-Stop ECO” ensures that the engine switches off temporarily when the car gets stick in traffic jams of stops at traffic lights.
- Comfort and sportiness: drivers can choose from 3 operation modes: «E» (Economy) – to reduce fuel consumption, «S» (Sport) – for sporty driving style, «М» (Manual) – for rapid gear shifting with the help of paddle shifters.
To comment on a complete paragraph, you can hover over the text - then the dialogue icon with "+" sign will appear at the end of the line. Click the icon to leave your comment.
To comment on a part of the text, you can select a part of the text with your mouse - and then the comment options will appear (allowing you to also share a part of the text on social network pages)