BAXA Transmission parts
Transmission general data
|Number of gears||Transmission Type||Drive||ATF (full capacity) L||ATF (change) L||ATF type (recommended)|
The 4- speed automatic transmissions BAXA had been installed in Honda Accord since 1998 until 2002 and in Acura with the engine capacity 2.3 liters since 1998 until 1999. The list of construction peculiarities of BAXA transmission includes: 6 solenoids, 2 pressure sensors, and lack of overrun clutches. The design concept of solenoids helps to manage the shift overlap for upshifts and downshifts.
- Honda Accord; 98-00; L4 2.3L; Honda BAXA; ATF Capacity/Change: 6.4/6.1 2.9/2.7
What are you looking for?
Overhaul Kit | Friction Kit | Friction | Steel Plate | Steel Kit | Band | Solenoid Kit | Solenoid EPC | Solenoid TCC | Pump | Shaft | Drum | Valve body | Torque converter | Hub | Piston | Piston Kit | Planetary Gear | Filter | Gasket | Bushing | Seal | Bearing | Pressure Plate | Stator | Differential | Retainer | Inhibitor Switch | Instruction manual | TOOLS & ACCESORIES | Sensor
Technical issues and repair guidelines
The list of commonly replaced spare parts in this transmission includes two typical problems: wear-out of clutches of the 2-nd gear and damage of bearings. With worn-out clutches the car can operate for quite a long time, but the damage of bearings leads to non-operability of all transmission units. Bearing chips easily get through filters and penetrate aluminum transmission parts, plastic ring gaskets, and literally “eat” transmission components. The differential bearing is damaged in most cases, and sometimes needle bearings on shafts.
Wear-out of the 2-nd gear has the following symptoms:
1. Slipping when switching on the 2-nd gear
2. Jolt when stopping the car
3. Experiencing a jolt when shifting from mode D to 2 (when the car is stopped with started engine and depressed brake pedal).
The wear-out of bearings is identified with the help of following signs:
1. The sound of transmission disappears when shifting gear in “Park” or “N” mode. This symptom indicates damage of needle bearings in shafts.
2. Slap noise in chassis when running over high spots on the road, a large clearance of the transmission driven shaft, oil leakages from seals of driving gears.
Transmission specialists recommend the following measures to prevent abovementioned problems:
1. Regular change of ATF and installation of additional radiator cooling system can really help in extending the service life of BAXA transmission.
2. When first signs of the transmission malfunction are detected, it is required to dissemble transmission and replace clutches, ring gaskets, and bearings.